HATHA Yoga Set
- Bhaddha Konasa (butterfly) X3
- Pacimottanasana (forward bend | knee to head) X2 (second one can be open legged)
- Urdvha mukha pacimottanasana
- Double Knee pull or open legs side to side [happy baby]
- supta vrajasana (sit between heels and lie back)
- Camel pose
- Sivasana (with bolster under knees) or stay in child’s pose
- The two principles are choosing to feel the discomfort and slowing down the exhalation, using ujjaya breath on the exhale to make the experience even more intense.
- Once you go into the pose chose to feel the discomfort. Draw your mind into the physical discomfort. Slow down your exhalation and allow yourself to feel it more and more intensely.
- Imagine you are standing on a cliff looking over an ocean of deep, black discomfort, and you open your arms wide and butterfly dive into the discomfort.
- Use your slower and slower ujjai breath to allow you to go deeper and deeper into the discomfort. Make a decision that you are no longer going to fear or resist any kind of pain or discomfort in life.
- If your mind wanders just bring it back to the feeling of discomfort and the focus of slowing down your breath. There should be enough intense sensation that you don’t have any thoughts in your mind.